Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baby cake

So I heard the wonderful news from my sis-in-law. She was expecting and we were going to visit her soon to see her. Since I had just started on baking classes, I thought of trying out a cake for her. Though it is nowhere near to a professional one aesthetically, I am glad it tasted wonderful. It was a strawberry cake baked with yellow cake mix and strawberry pudding mix. Once it was made, I cut it in 2 halves horizontally. Made some fresh strawberries juice. Put some juice in between the two layer to soak the cake a little, so that its moist. Then made a strawberry and whipped cream/sour cream mixture in the grinder. Applied that between the two layers as a cream. And kept it overnight to set. The next day cake was ready to do icing. I applied icing on the cake, but as it turns out, it was a bit yellow than white icing. Also, the green color was not exactly the one I needed. I did not go with pink/blue since we yet did not know the sex of the baby. So though as I said the cake tasted delicious, I would do icing differently next time. Probably a purple with white or something on those lines.
The writing and the design of cart on cake was my darling husband's idea. Since he is very good at drawing, he helped me put it down on paper and I loved putting our mini project over the cake.
Here is what the end product looked like:

No comments: