Thursday, March 22, 2007

Shoppers Soul

(This is poem dedicated to my roomate Ms. Richa Tiwari...a shopoholic)

Sale at kohl's comes a buzz in the morning,
"Do you want to come along, shop in the evening?".

2 days a week, I wait for this chore,
Puzzled by the energy with which she roars.

"Shopping are we?", A smile, a twinkle,
a spring I see.
I have no heart to break that flow
For Macy's is worthless in front of that glow.

A discount, a deal we rush to the Aisle,
I notice a beaming face peeking out in a while.

Few hours in shopping, a day well spent,
A buy worth 5 dollars, is "A winner" in the end.

3 comments:

Rachit said...

if shopping n girls are together..guys with them are surely in for a big big trouble!! ;-)

Sayli D. said...

Hey hey hey nice one....I can add that line....

Sidhu said...

let me try out the store owner's rhyme..not a good pet though :)

They come often, these girls.
Money doesn't come out of their purses that often.[:P]
They talk, from long skirts to lip gloss, and all they do is talk.
70% discount is not good enough.
Communists are they? No sympathy for merchants.

I have a family to feed and a house to run.
Few more like these shoppers, and forget about family, I'll have to run.


:)