Monday, August 25, 2008

Social Networking

How many friends do you have? May be like 50 no no wait I think my orkut says 245...huh? really....oh I wonder when was the last time I spoke to the 245th person on my list, yeah the 245th person doesn't even have a face..I mean there is no photo, which means there is maybe like a 1 in 245*1000 chance of the 245th person replying...Nevertheless I will not give up. How many friends of friends do you have, now everyone is familiar with that lingo. Ok lets do it again, how many connections do you have....15? think again...oh yes around 50 and still going thats Linkedln....how many connections of connections do you have...yes I exactly don't know how useful this talk is becoming. Lets try again? which Jane Austen charachter are you? what?...ok never mind...Can I cast a spell on you or send you a hug, yes you got it right the Social networking site Facebook just cast a spell on you!! Ok lets do a different round, how many minutes did you spend on your account 5 may be, on your friends, I think about 15 min or maybe 30min. And on friends of friends ooooohhhh I just kept on going from one account to another, lost count of minutes....Yeah right whoever said time was precious, forgot to say friends of friends are more precious. Who in the world has that much time? Last week my roommate asked me did I see her photos on orkut...nice one, I um forgot to look at orkut....and she said...you what? you did not log on? don't tell me this is true? I don't think so? I mean common what...I know social networking is important,but I like to do my monologue sometimes without the need of any other social network...Social network is becoming easy these days with these sites, but how much of the friends or friends of friends or connections or connections of connections we maintain is the point. We hardly get time to maintain it...So atlast I decided to curb my curiosity and let it grow only to the point of my friends and not their friends. After all we can give a gift or a jaddu ki jhappi or real flowers all in person and cast a much loving spell...he he...I had to explain it in your lingo people!!

1 comment:

Kattykally said...

Please collect your Brilliante Weblog 2008 Award here:

http://exploreless.blogspot.com/2008/08/brilliante-weblog-2008.html